Online & In Person Tutoring
IN PERSON TUTORING
GRAND RAPIDS MI
IN PERSON TUTORING
Whether you choose online or in person tutoring, you or your student will enjoy our engaging and individualized tutoring experience. Each session, your student will work one-on-one, live with a highly trained Reading Success Plus tutor.
In Person Tutoring
Can be conducted during the day or after school in our Grand Rapids or Troy office locations, or during the day at your student’s school, when permitted.
Can also be conducted during the day or after school from the comfort of your home or office, or at your child’s school, when permitted.
Benefits of Online Tutoring:
* Most individuals are very receptive to an interactive online tutoring environment.
* Students are comfortable with technology and are often more highly engaged using these tools.
* Eliminates drive time with convenient online tutoring, especially with unpredictable winter driving.
* Keeps you or your student in a familiar setting.
Online tutoring requires a MAC or PC computer with a webcam, high-speed internet connection, and a headset with a microphone.
Interested in online tutoring? Let us give you a demonstration.
Why Reading Success Plus?
If you or your child struggle with reading, writing, or math - you are not alone. Perhaps you have tried other methods without success.
We’ve been there and tried everything. We know there is hope because these programs work. We help struggling and dyslexic students reach their highest potential.
Learn more about becoming one of our success stories. Call (833) 229-1112 or click below:
Frequently Asked Questions
1. My child is struggling in school. How can Reading Success Plus help?
If your child is struggling with academics, behavior, social interactions, is anxious, or just does not want to go to school, you need to find out why.
Their struggles may be linked to reading, specifically in the areas of phonemic awareness (sounds of letters), decoding, spelling, fluency and comprehension. They may also struggle with writing and/or math.
With our comprehensive placement screening process, we can help you pin-point specifically where and why your student struggles and target instruction to help them overcome these difficulties.
2. What programs do you use?
Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® (LiPS®) Program:
Some students are not “reading-ready.” For these students, we start with the Lindamood Phoneme Sequencing® – LiPS® Program for reading, spelling and speech. LiPS® is for students who are missing the pre-reading skill of phonemic awareness (knowing the correct sounds for the correct letters).
Research shows that students who are missing this important skill will not progress with reading until they have mastered it. We determine the need for the LiPS® program through our placement screening process.
The Barton Reading & Spelling System®:
Our team of specialists teach struggling readers and dyslexic students of any age, utilizing the widely acclaimed Barton Reading & Spelling System®, “an Orton-Gillingham influenced, simultaneously, multisensory, explicit and systematic phonics system.” Orton-Gillingham based programs are the only research and evidence-based programs proven to teach the struggling reader and dyslexic student to read.
The Barton System provides explicit, systematic instruction in:
- Phonemic awareness
- Vocabulary development
- Reading fluency including oral reading skills
- Reading comprehension strategies
Orton-Gillingham Math Program:
Our highly specialized, multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham math program helps students learn the why of math in an explicit, direct, and multi-sensory manner. This program takes the abstract concepts of math, and with practice makes them concrete. Not only will you or your student learn the math facts (addition, subtraction, multiplication and division), but also the vocabulary of math, the strategy of solving word problems, time, money, measurement, fractions, percentages, decimals and more. Math concepts are taught at the speed each individual needs.
Writing and Grammar Program:
We offer writing and grammar instruction for elementary school through college on how to write a perfect sentence and paragraph, and the elements of informative/explanatory, argumentative and narrative writing.
We guide students through the writing process from organization and notetaking to constructing complete grammatical sentences and paragraphs that adhere to the conventions of writing they will use both in and out of school.
3. What ages do you serve?
Reading Success Plus works with individuals from 5 years through adulthood.
4. How long does the program take to complete?
For students missing the important pre-reading skill of phonemic awareness, we start with the LiPS® program, which can be taught in as little as 2-3 months, or more quickly with our intensive summer tutoring program.
Once a student completes the LiPS® program, we move them into the Barton Reading & Spelling System® an Orton-Gillingham program. The average time to complete reading and spelling program is two – three years, but it could take longer depending upon the students’ needs.
5. How long does a tutoring session last and how often are they held?
A tutoring session lasts for 50 minutes, twice a week.
6. What other services does Reading Success Plus provide?
- Professional learning and development workshops are available for educators, schools, psychologists, medical professionals, therapists, and businesses.
- Workshops include the latest research on the struggling reader and dyslexic, the warning signs, accommodations and hands-on learning opportunities and take-aways which can be used immediately in the classroom or your workplace.
- Coaching and consulting for parents, children or adults.
- Push-in and pull-out programs for schools
7. Do you offer a summer tutoring program?
Yes! We offer an intensive one-on-one summer tutoring program taught in-person or online Monday through Thursday, one to two hours per day for four weeks (two sessions per week are also available). Program options include reading and spelling, writing and grammar, or math. Students can select one option for the one-hour program, or two options for the two-hour program. To reach the student’s full potential, tutoring needs to be continued two days per week, year-round, until your student has attained the skills to become the next success story.
- Our summer program includes the widely acclaimed Barton Reading & Spelling System® an Orton-Gillingham, multi-sensory, explicit, and systematic phonics program.
- If your student is missing the pre-reading skill of phonemic awareness (knowing the correct sounds for each letter), we start with the Lindamood® LiPS® Program.
- For math, our highly specialized, multi-sensory Orton-Gillingham program covers math facts, the vocabulary of math, word problems, time, money, fractions, percentages, decimals and more.
- We offer writing and grammar instruction for elementary school through college on how to write a perfect sentence and paragraph, and the elements of informative/explanatory, argumentative and narrative writing.
8. How do we start?
Reading Success Plus starts with a parent/guardian conversation/interview to determine what the parent/guardian is looking for and if we can help them.
A Comprehensive Placement Screener would be the next step, which takes approximately 2 hours and will help us pinpoint specifically where and why your child struggles and targets instruction to help them overcome their difficulties.
We share the results of the screening with parents and show them how we can help their child get back on track.
Learn about our Comprehensive Placement Screening.
AWARDS & CERTIFICATIONS
READY TO GET STARTED?
CONTACT US TO LEARN MORE
We’d love to help you or your student overcome your academic struggles. If you or your student is struggling in reading, writing or math, contact us to learn more about our pricing, services and further information.